Sean Daniel is back with his reviews of movies and video games. There is a new review every Friday under On Demand in the navigation bar. Check him out. ...Read more
- Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan concentrates on neighborhoods in State of the City address February 22, 2017Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan had plenty to say during his State of the City address Tuesday night, but the focus was clearly on neighborhoods."If we're going to fulfill a vision of building a Detroit that includes everybody, we've got to do a whole lot more," Duggan said.The mayor touched on jobs, education and the community."We […]
- WATCH: Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan's State of the City address February 22, 2017Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan delivered his fourth State of the City address Tuesday night at Focus: HOPE's offices in the city.You can watch the full State of the City address in the video above.Duggan spent very little time talking about the past and focused on the future. He talked mostly about what's coming up for […]
- Sterling Heights accepts lawsuit settlement in mosque controversy February 22, 2017The Sterling Heights City Council voted Tuesday to accept a lawsuit settlement in a controversy over the building of a mosque.Sterling Heights will have to pay a deductible of $350,000. The insurance company reached an undisclosed settlement with the AICC.The deal allows the mosque to be built, but not at the height the AICC wanted. […]
- Shelby Township woman who needs to move due to disability can't sell her house February 22, 2017A homeowner in Shelby Township can't sell her home because of the city's plans to build new sewer lines.Local 4 reported last week that Shelby Township plans to build new sewer lines -- an announcement that was met with resistance by residents who don't want the lines and don't want to pay for them.But for […]
- Windsor approves Ouellette overhaul without bike lanes February 22, 2017Cycling advocates were caught off guard by the plan that excludes bike lanes, but makes plenty of room for benches, chess tables, extended patios and wide open pedestrian space.
- Shooting in downtown Windsor on Tuesday evening February 22, 2017Windsor police were investigating a shooting in the city's downtown Tuesday night, after an incident around 5 p.m. Police quickly closed off a block of University Avenue East between Louis Avenue and Marentette Avenue.
- Enwin CAO calls out Ontario government over plan to end hydro cutoffs February 21, 2017Enwin CAO Helga Reidel criticized the government's plan Tuesday, saying it puts the burden on distributors around the province, while taking away a valuable tool that forces people to pay their bills.
- Nearly 350 Lambton County students suspended for incomplete immunization records February 21, 2017Hundreds of high school and elementary students in Lambton County have been suspended because of incomplete immunization records. The suspensions will last until they have provided an update.